Campaigning Roman Emperors

In Social Studies 9 we studied the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.  We began our unit with a series of activities that got students understanding who the infamous Roman emperors were.  After learning about their personalities and leadership styles, the students were then asked to create a campaign poster as if this leader were running for a political leader today.  This idea is based on a lesson I got from www.pbs.org.  Click here to see the lesson Getting to Know the Emperors of Rome.  I created my own rubric and assignment that was a reflection of the lesson on understanding successful political campaigns.  I showed the students a few different campaign posters and they picked out the important characteristics.
Lesson Example
I gave students the rubric ahead of time.  Students then created their poster in Microsoft Publisher.
Campaign Poster Rubric
Student Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment